With a cover by the great typographic artist Alan Kitching, the theme of the second issue of Document is “Design City”.
Features in the 64-page magazine include:
- The set design of Fight Club, by production designer Alex McDowell
- Ken Adam’s set for Dr. Strangelove by Sir Christopher Frayling
- The titles of Hitchcock's Vertigo by Alice Rawsthorn
- Charles Atlas’ Hail The New Puritan movie about Michael Clark by Malcolm Garrett
- Sir Richard Leese on the centrality of design to the Manchester story
- OH OK LTD tell how they built the Pilcrow Pub together with the community it serves
- Alan Kitching is the subject of a review of his book, his exhibition and his life by Kasper de Graaf
Published by Design Manchester, 2017.